Module 6: The Essence of Food
In this module students explore why food is so important and the place it holds in our lives. They also learn that eating and drinking are some of the most important parts of hospitality. Be aware that the duration of the sessions is different in this module and let the students know this.
- The students become aware of the different reasons why people eat: for nutrition, as a leisure activity, a social activity and as an identity marker.
- The student is eager to learn more about food production and service.
- The students are aware of the different components of eating and have a basic understanding of some important topics in
- The students are able to prepare a presentation together.
- The students are able to critically reflect upon important topics in cooking